Weekly Newsletter for Ms. Hahn’s Class – Week of Feb. 1-5
The Week at a Glance:
OUR TOP 10
10. PE – floor hockey.
9. Clay in art.
8. Tests back in Z math.
7. Division test today for Hahn math.
6. By Monday, the sun will be setting after 6:00 pm. Our days are getting longer! We know this is because as the earth revolves around the sun, the sun’s rays are hitting us at a more direct angle. We have moved past winter and are heading towards spring.
5. Wednesday – 60 degrees, Thursday – 29 degrees: Ohio’s crazy weather!
4. Today is the 99th or the100th day of school, depending on who’s counting!
3. We made our own science textbook and then wrote our own science test (and took it today)!
2. Maya is going to be in Seussical – let’s all go see her perform! (Each student has an info card – performances are at Scioto HS, and tickets can be purchased online at www.sciototheatre.org)
1. THREE students of the month from our class this time: Mandi, Luke and Tiba!
Reading: We will continue to work on narrator/speaker and point of view.
Writing: We will continue to gather seed ideas for our memoirs and start studying the genre.
Word Study: Irregular plurals wrapped up this week. Next up – similes, metaphors, idioms, adages, and proverbs.
Hahn Math: Division test was today. Next up – customary measurement.
Sixth Grade Math: Still working on Topic 6 – dividing and multiplying fluently (including decimals).
Science: Solar system test was today. Next up – light and sound.
Friday, Feb 12 – Valentines Day Party
Monday, Feb 15 – No school: Presidents Day
Thursday, Feb 17 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
Friday, Feb 19, 7:30 – Seussical
Saturday, Feb 20 at 2:00 and 7:30 – Seussical
Sunday, Feb 21 at 2:00 -- Seussical
Thursday, Feb 25 – end of second trimester
Friday, Feb 26 – no school – teacher workday
Friday, Mar 4 – report cards home