Weekly Newsletter for Ms. Hahn’s Class – Week of November 28
The Week at a Glance:
OUR TOP 10
10. Started “my choice” informational writing projects.
9. Double gym week this week!
8. We read the dinosaur book in honor of Luis, who left our class this week. :-(
7. One favorite #classroombookaday was Boy Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs. #Luis
6. We got a new shelf and our old shelf became a table and a shelf.
5. 100% of 6th Math scored 100% on an algebra test! WOW!
4. Math word problems with swimming world record times
3. Ohio State beat Michigan! (Buckeye fans are happy, but our friends who are Michigan fans are sad.)
2. We are thankful for Thanksgiving break!
1. Ismael’s birthday!
Reading: Between now and break, we’ll be doing some more compare/contrast with informational text (RI.5.3) and drama/plays (RL.5.3).
Writing: This week was the planning week for the “my choice of topic” informational writing. Next week is the research and writing week. The week of 12/12 will be digital text design week. I’m hoping to invite you to come in for an open house/writing celebration on 12/21 before the Holiday party to view the completed work. Stay tuned…we’ll see if we can make that happen!
Word Study: Word of the week: unexpected (Latin root: spect = to see).
Hahn Math: +/- decimal test today, fractions is our next topic.
Sixth Grade Math: Free day in math today, integers is the next topic.
Social Studies: Test this week on Latin American Mapping Lab. Next up, we’ll study the history of the indigenous peoples of North and South America, making a multi-level timeline to track key dates and important information about the various groups.
December 7 – 6:00 PM – PTO meeting
December 16 – PTO movie night and a visit from Santa
December 21 – 2:30-3:15 – Holiday Party (Contact me if you’d like to help with a craft or activity. Next week I’ll send the food donations list home.)
This-n-That: We are in need of a few items for our classroom and for Genius Hour. We need glue sticks, quart zip locks, plastic spoons and forks, and salt. Thanks in advance if you can help!