Weekly Newsletter for Ms. Hahn’s Class – Week of April 4-8
The Week at a Glance:
OUR TOP 10
10. Tiba found the missing iPod. YAY, Tiba!
9. We got lifesavers to help us make it through the AIR reading/writing practice.
8. Rayan scored the winning goal in the last few seconds of the dodgeball game in gym.
7. Starting gymnastics in gym next week (WEAR CLEAN SOCKS!!!)
6. Ms. Hahn did an author/poet visit with second grade.
5. Andrea was our student of the month for the habit of precision (and she is the cat poetry person for Poetry Friday)
4. We had fun bringing stuffed animals, guessing candy, and wearing PJs for Pennies for Patients!
3. “Anthony was a beast at the dodge ball game.”
2. Carnapalooza has more prizes to win than before! Including giant stuffed animals!
1. Anna brought a yummy marshmallow treat for the Art Party the class earned for filling their sticker chart.
Reading: Identifying our passions, reading to lean into our passions.
Writing: Imaginative fiction (alone or in collaboration). Choosing a section to be graded with a personalized rubric (based on writing goals) this week.
Word Study: Life conspired against us completing our DSI group work, and so it will continue.
Hahn Math: Students made incredible progress in understanding and applying volume. On to geometry next week.
Sixth Grade Math: Statistics coming next week. (I could be wrong about that…I asked Friday afternoon, I am finishing the newsletter Saturday morning, and there are LOTS of holes in my memory…)
Social Studies: Economics continues – present and future consequences.
Tuesday, April 12 – Language Arts AIR test (AIR=Ohio’s yearly achievement tests)
Wednesday, April 13 – Language Arts AIR test
Tuesday, April 26 – Math AIR test
Wednesday, April 27 – Math AIR test
Thursday, April 28 – Science AIR test
Friday, April 28 – Science AIR test