Weekly Newsletter for Ms. Hahn’s Class – Week of May 18
The Week at a Glance:
OUR TOP 10
10. Yearbook signing in our classroom (more on Monday with the grade level).
9. All standardized tests have been completed!
8. We finished The Girl Who Drank the Moon.
7. Field Day was postponed until Monday.
6. The art mural is finished.
5. We had Super Hero day in gym.
4. Our Environmental Club leaders from our class are filling the beds with soil and planting the seedlings and seeds today!
3. Mr. Bauer and Mr. Blake gave the teachers a gift of time on Monday while the students watched a movie.
2. Free book fair this week and next.
1. Ramadan Mubarak to all of our families who are celebrating Ramadan this month.
Monday, 5/21 – Field Day in the AM, yearbook signing and movie in the PM (Ms. Hahn out for minor oral surgery)
Tuesday, 5/22 – Middle School Student Athletic Council Q/A about middle school in the AM,
Walk-through of other classes’ Career Day projects in the PM
Wednesday, 5/23 – Volunteer Breakfast 9:15 (I hope many of you will come and be thanked for your volunteer work in our classroom and/or through the PTO. Students from every grade level will provide the program.)
Thursday, 5/24 – 10 Student TED Talks in the AM, Cooking Demonstrations by District Chef in the PM
Friday, 5/25 – Ms. Hahn presents each student with a book of the poems she wrote for them during National Poetry Month.
11:45 Pictures and Popsicles With Parents – fliers went home on Friday, rsvp is due Tuesday (flier also attached, just in case) – this is a time for parents to mingle with their almost-sixth-grader and her/hisfriends, taking pictures and enjoying the last moments of elementary school. Please stay for...
12:20 Clapout – the DWE version of 5th grade graduation. Students will line the hallways to send off the fifth graders; parents can watch from the commons.